Everything You Need To Know About Professional Teeth Whitening
We know the feeling well. You’re out with some friends, and someone takes a photo on their phone while you’re all looking lovely. You take a look at the picture, and your first thought is ‘Oh my God, my teeth are that yellow?!’ Fortunately, True Dental offers teeth whitening on the Gold Coast, so you’ll never have to have that horrible feeling again. You can keep your smile looking bright and white all year round. We’ve compiled a short guide with everything you need to know about our Gold Coast teeth whitening service, so you can walk in feeling confident, informed, and ready to make your smile look spectacular.
What’s The Difference between Professional Teeth Whitening on the Gold Coast and At-Home Kits?
There are pros and cons to at-home and in-chair teeth whitening solutions, but both will offer results over time. At True Dental, we offer both take-home and in-chair tooth whitening on the Gold Coast, so you can choose the option that suits you best!
- Pros to at-home teeth whitening: This option is often far cheaper and far more convenient. You’ll be able to whiten your teeth in your own time, and your teeth will be less sensitive over time.
- Cons to at-home teeth whitening: If you want to do your own teeth whitening, you need to be committed. A lot of people do it once or twice expecting results immediately. However, to see improvements from these kits, you need to be doing it daily for 2-4 weeks.
- Pros to in-chair teeth whitening: This option yields immediate results. We can whiten your teeth far more quickly if you visit our teeth whitening dentist in-office. This is the perfect option for those who need a quick fix for an upcoming event.
- Cons to in-chair teeth whitening: This option tends to be more expensive as the results are immediate. Your teeth may also be a bit more sensitive after the treatment than they would, had you done the at-home treatment. You’ll also need to set aside time to visit our teeth whitening dentist.
What to Expect From Teeth Whitening On the Gold Coast
Regardless of which option you choose, you can expect some fantastic results from True Dental’s professional teeth whitening on the Gold Coast.
- A stunning smile. We’ll do our best to give you a smile you’ll love showing off to the world. No longer will you be hiding your teeth in photographs; you’ll be beaming with confidence.
- Be ready for anything. Whether you have a wedding, a party, a photo-shoot, or a job interview, white teeth can make you feel far more confident and ready to take on the world.
- Advice and guidance on maintenance. No two people’s teeth are the same, so we’ll offer you tailored advice on how to reach your smile goals and maintain your white teeth.
How to Prepare For Your Teeth Whitening Appointment
Before we start on your dental teeth whitening journey, you’ll need to prepare yourself and your teeth.
- Book a consultation. At True Dental, we’re not the kind of clinic that is just going to jump straight into treatment. After all, some types of tooth discolouration that enamel whitening can’t fix. We look at the current state of your teeth in an initial consultation so we can better understand the reason for their discolouration and recommend treatment from there.
- Book a clean. You’ll want your teeth looking incredible after your tooth whitening appointment, so it’s best to have them cleaned beforehand. We’ll remove all plaque, tartar, and polish them up nicely. You should organise this appointment around 30 days before your whitening appointment.
- Switch to sensitive toothpaste. After your dental teeth whitening appointment, your teeth are going to be a bit more sensitive. If you’ve made the switch to sensitive toothpaste well before your appointment, your teeth will be far less sensitive.
How to Maintain White Teeth
After you’ve paid for a shining bright smile, it’s only natural that you’ll want to maintain it. Here are a few top tips for keeping your teeth white.
- Avoid acidic drinks. Most people think of avoiding coffee or tea when trying to whiten their teeth. While it’s true that these things stain the teeth, it’s easy to remove these stains during the teeth whitening process. Acidic drinks like carbonated beverages, however, wear down the enamel of your teeth. Since the enamel is what we whiten with these treatments, it’s essential to do all we can to preserve it.
- Brush and floss. Brush your teeth twice daily and try to floss every 1-2 days. This will help remove coffee stains and keep your teeth feeling as fresh as they look.
- Mark touch-up dates in your calendar. You’ll need to maintain teeth whitening by doing yearly or bi-yearly touch-ups.
- Visit the dentist regularly. Your dentist will let you know how often they need to see you, so make sure you keep up with your regular appointments. That way, you can maintain healthy white teeth all the time.
Contact True Dental for Teeth Whitening On the Gold Coast
The True Dental team are professionals who specialise in providing comprehensive dental services on the Gold Coast. We’re passionate about dental health, and we believe that visits to the dentist shouldn’t be scary, painful, or overwhelming. Our team prides themselves on their ability to deliver compassionate, gentle, and professional services. We’re a family clinic, and we offer a range of services to suit all ages and teeth. Whichever of our dental professionals is your dentist; teeth whitening is one of their specialties. So, if you’d like to enquire about professional teeth whitening on the Gold Coast, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We can’t wait to help you smile with confidence.