Everything You Need To Know About Dental Veneers
If you’re looking to improve your confidence and the appearance of your smile, you may be the perfect candidate for veneers. If cosmetic dentistry options such as braces or teeth whitening aren’t giving you the smile of your dreams, True Dental specialises in applying dental veneers on the Gold Coast, so your perfect grin is within reach. We’ve put together a short guide to dental veneers so you can walk into your appointment armed with plenty of information.
The Benefits of High-Quality Veneers
Getting a great set of veneers on the Gold Coast can do wonders for your confidence, self-esteem, and appearance. Here are a handful of benefits to getting a set of veneers with True Dental.
- Address a range of cosmetic dental issues. If you have discoloured, chipped, crooked, irregularly shaped, or uneven teeth, veneers on the Gold Coast can give you your dream sparkling smile.
- Increased confidence. Your smile is one of the most beautiful accessories you have, so you want to wear yours with pride. True Dental is passionate about making our patients’ smile goals a reality.
- Look amazing on your special day. Whether you’re getting married, it’s a birthday, or you’re interviewing for the job of your dreams, you’ll want your smile looking incredible. Veneers ensure your smile is straight, bright, and sparkling white.
- They can change as you do. Veneers aren’t permanent, so you can continue to customise your smile to suit you as you age.
- They’re less invasive than dental crowns. Crowns require extensive shaping of the teeth and gums, whereas veneers require less preparation. Should you choose to remove them entirely later on, your underlying teeth should still be healthy.
Choosing the Right Veneers for You
At True Dental, we’re committed to finding dental solutions that work best for you, so we’ll help you choose veneers that suit your face, style, and budget. There are a few things to consider when selecting veneers that will help you pick the perfect option.
- Materials. There are two types of veneers you can choose from; porcelain and composite. Porcelain veneers on the Gold Coast are typically more expensive as they tend to be more durable and offer better cosmetic results. However, if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option that will still significantly improve your smile, composite veneers on the Gold Coast are the best option. Additionally, composite veneers are far easier to repair, and less enamel is removed from your natural teeth during application.
- Shape. No two sets of teeth are the same, so the shape of your veneers is essential. Longer teeth look better in rounder faces, and shorter, wider veneers complement a longer face. If you’d like a feminine look, opt for softer, rounder veneers. Alternatively, you can achieve a masculine look with squared-off veneers.
- Colour. Whiter teeth aren’t always necessarily better. If you pick a shade that’s too white, your teeth will look very unnatural and unappealing. You want to choose a shade of white that looks bright while remaining healthy and natural. The dentists at True Dental will be able to help you pick the best shade for you.
How to Care For Your Veneers
After getting your veneers, you’ll want to take excellent care of them, as repairs can be costly and time-consuming. True Dental’s Gold Coast veneers should last a very long time if properly cared for with composite veneers lasting between 4-8 years and porcelain veneers lasting 10-12 years.
- Treat them like your natural teeth. Just like any other teeth, you’ll need to brush your veneers twice daily and floss every 1-2 days. While your original teeth are covered, you’re still at risk of decay and gum disease. Brush your veneers twice daily with a soft-bristled brush to keep them clean and white.
- Don’t grind your teeth. If you’re predisposed to grind your teeth in your sleep, you may want to invest in a mouthguard. Grinding your teeth may cause your veneers to chip, so avoid clenching your jaw too much.
- Avoid food and drink that stain your teeth. Veneers are relatively stain-resistant, but regularly eating and drinking substances that cause stains will, over time, stain your veneers. If you are a regular smoker, cut back or quit to keep your veneers looking incredible.
When You Need Dental Veneers on the Gold Coast, Contact True Dental
The True Dental team are professionals who specialise in providing comprehensive dental services on the Gold Coast. We’re passionate about dental health, and we believe that visits to the dentist shouldn’t be scary, painful, or overwhelming. Our team prides themselves on their ability to deliver compassionate, gentle, and professional services. We’re a family clinic, and we offer a range of services to suit all ages and teeth. If you’d like to inquire about dental veneers on the Gold Coast, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We can’t wait to help you smile with confidence.