Restorative dentistry is vital for fixing all kinds of tooth damage and defects.
When teeth get damaged in an aesthetically bad way, we are able to offer solutions, which are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Using a combination of cosmetic products and prosthetics (made by our on site prosthetist), we are certain we can restore your beautiful smile!
We may also be able to repair or restore dentures, sealants or crowns. Ask our friendly team today.
Call the Dentist Today: (07) 55 33 15 30
True Dental’s Guide to Dental Implants
The idea of a dental implant is enough to set anyone with a fear of dentists on edge. You no doubt have a vague idea of what full dental implants are. Most people would have watched one of those horrifying animations playing on an ancient television in their childhood dentist’s waiting room. The team at True Dental are here to relieve some of your fears, and inform you that dental implants aren’t scary at all! For a lot of people, dental implants are a gateway to confidence and an incredible smile! True Dental has been giving people dental implants on the Gold Coast for years, so we’re here to dispel some myths and help you overcome your dental anxiety one article at a time.
When Might You Need Dental Implants?
A dental implant procedure replaces a missing tooth or missing teeth as a more permanent alternative to dentures. There are a few instances in which you might be a candidate for dental implants.
- Missing teeth. If you have a missing tooth or missing teeth, you’ll likely want a solution to fill the gaps pretty quickly. Dental implants provide a natural-looking, permanent solution to missing teeth and will blend seamlessly into your smile.
- Cracked or broken teeth. Sometimes, teeth can break beyond the point of repair. At this point, extraction and tooth replacement are the next steps in the process. The True Dental team are experts at providing teeth implants on the Gold Coast, so you can rest assured that you’re in the very best hands. We’ll take away your painful, broken tooth and recreate your gorgeous smile before you know it.
- Dentures aren’t working. Whether you have ill-fitting dentures or you just don’t like wearing them, True Dental can provide you with a set of full mouth dental implants that function like regular teeth. Regain your control and freedom over your smile with high-quality dental implants.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The process of getting dental implants on the Gold Coast is slow, but the results are incredible. Here’s an overview of True Dental’s process for dental implants.
- Initial consultation. Before we do anything, we have an appointment with you to take a look at the problem area and discuss your options. We answer any questions you may have and establish a payment plan that fits your budget and needs. It’s important to us that you feel empowered and in control of your dental outcomes, so we go to great lengths to make sure you’re completely informed.
- Scans and x-rays. We’ll need to take a series of scans and x-rays, so we have a clear idea of where to place your implant.
- Putting in the dental implant. The first minor procedure is placing the implant into your jawbone. You’ll be under anaesthesia so you won’t feel a single thing throughout this process. We put the implant screw into your jaw where the missing tooth’s roots once were.
- Rest and recover. You’ll need to rest for a couple of months while the bone in your jaw grows around the implant. During this time, you may experience some swelling, and you’ll need to eat soft foods initially, but as time goes on, this will improve. You can address any pain with ibuprofen and water.
- Creating the foundation. Once your implant is stable, the dentists at True Dental will create a foundation made of putty or paste. We’ll use this foundation to mount your crown.
- Preparing for your crown. We then take moulds of your mouth to create the crown. During this step, we make sure the crown will be the ideal size and shape to match your bite perfectly. We’ll also colour match based on your other teeth, so it fits seamlessly into your smile. Manufacture of your crown may take a couple of weeks, so we make sure you have a temporary acrylic crown for the interim.
- Placing the crown. The final step is cementing your permanent crown onto the foundation. After this, you’ll be ready to show the world your new smile.
Why More People Trust True Dental for Dental Implants On the Gold Coast
More and more people are looking for dental clinics that are willing to work around them, so we made it our priority to be as flexible, compassionate, and comprehensive as possible.
- We’re flexible. We want to work with you to create a dental plan that suits your needs, so we make sure we hold flexible office hours with appointments available for Saturdays and public holidays. Plus, when you organise dental implants on the Gold Coast with True Dental, we’ll create a payment plan to suit your budget. Dental treatments should never be prohibitively expensive, as everyone deserves to smile with confidence.
- We’re experienced. Dr David Tate and Dr Tanya Jury are both experienced dentists who have been practising for many years, and the True Dental team are all qualified professionals ready to help you achieve your smile goals. At True Dental, there is no dental issue we cannot address.
- We’re here to make you feel at ease. Visiting the dentist shouldn’t be a terrifying experience. True Dental is here to help our patients feel relaxed, comfortable and empowered to control their oral health. We do this by keeping open and honest communication about procedures and costs, avoiding medical jargon, and keeping your visits pain-free.
- We genuinely care. One of the key things that set our Gold Coast dental services apart is that we care deeply about your dental health. We want to know your fears, goals, and concerns regarding your smile so we can address them one at a time. Our dental clinic is here for you 100% of the time.
If You Need Dental Implants on the Gold Coast, Contact True Dental Today
The True Dental team are professionals who specialise in providing comprehensive dental services on the Gold Coast. We’re passionate about dental health, and we believe that visits to the dentist shouldn’t be scary, painful, or overwhelming. Our team prides themselves on their ability to deliver compassionate, gentle, and professional services. We’re a family clinic, and we offer a range of services to suit all ages and teeth. If you’d like to inquire about dental implants on the Gold Coast, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We can’t wait to help you smile with confidence.