Positioning is everything.
Malaligned teeth are the most common reason for dental braces. Malalignment can cause important health ramifications including dental caries (cavities), pain, gingivitis and malnutrition.
Our dental team offers a range of orthodontic services including cosmetic straightening and braces for both the adult and adolescent mouth.
A complete orthodontic plan will be discussed with you at your appointment.
Call the Dentist, Today: (07) 55 33 15 30
Am I A Good Candidate For Invisalign?
If you’ve been looking into orthodontics on the Gold Coast, there’s a good chance you’ve considered Invisalign. It seems as though traditional braces are becoming less prevalent with more adolescents and adults are choosing clear aligners. However, Invisalign only treats specific dental issues, so, unfortunately, not everyone is a candidate for invisible braces on the Gold Coast. Fortunately, the team at True Dental has years of experience in orthodontics and is a premier provider of Invisalign on the Gold Coast. We’re here to provide you with a quick guide to Invisalign and help you make informed dental decisions.
Dental Issues Invisalign Can Correct
Invisalign are clear plastic aligners that gradually straighten your teeth. They’re a fantastic option for people who’d like to straighten their teeth without the cumbersome metal braces in their mouths. You might be a candidate for Invisalign braces on the Gold Coast if you have:
- Crooked teeth
- An overbite or an underbite
- Closing small gaps between teeth
- Straightening overcrowded and overlapping teeth
- Open bites
Dental Issues Invisalign Can’t Correct
Unfortunately, if the issue requires complex orthodontic procedures, Invisalign treatment won’t be beneficial at all. True Dental also offers traditional braces on the Gold Coast, so if we can’t use Invisalign, we can discuss other options with you. Invisalign won’t:
- Fix large gaps between teeth
- Fix teeth that need rotating to straighten
- Raise or lower teeth in the jawline
- Correct midline discrepancies
Advantages of Invisalign over Traditional Braces
True Dental offer Invisalign treatment because we want our patients to be able to access the very best teeth straightening on the Gold Coast. We’ve seen first-hand the benefits of Invisalign, and we love seeing the smiles that result from effective Invisalign treatment.
- They’re invisible. One of the key reasons more people ask for Invisalign on the Gold Coast is their clear appearance. People tend to avoid traditional braces because of the way they look, and our adult patients are incredibly sceptical about getting metal braces. When offered clear aligners, a lot more people are willing to consider orthodontics on the Gold Coast.
- They’re more comfortable. Anyone either had braces or knew someone who had them knows how uncomfortable they can be. Wire poking into the side of your mouth, cuts on your tongue and cheeks, the horrible feeling of having them tightened; it’s not pleasant. Invisalign isn’t completely painless, but it is far more tolerable than traditional braces.
- Eat whatever you want. There are quite a few foods you need to avoid when wearing metal braces. With Invisalign, however, as long as your aligners are out, you can eat and drink whatever you please!
- Easier to clean. Invisalign clear aligners are replaced every few weeks, and you can clean them as often as you need. You won’t have to worry about food getting stuck in your braces, as they’re so easy to keep fresh!
- Save yourself time. With traditional braces, you’ll need to organise visits every time you need them tightened and maintained. Invisalign requires far fewer visits, thereby saving you plenty of time.
How to Care For Your Invisalign
Looking after your Invisalign braces is easy if you follow your dentist’s recommendations correctly.
- Take your aligners out to eat and drink. Unless it’s water, you need to remove your aligners to eat and drink. Drinks may stain, warp, or damage your aligners and you’ll find it very uncomfortable to chew food with them in. It’s best to remove them whenever you’re eating.
- Brush your teeth before replacing your aligners. It can be bad for your teeth to have food build-up trapped behind your clear aligners, so always brush before putting them back in.
- Keep your Invisalign in their case when you’re not using them. It would be so unfortunate to put your aligners in a napkin for safe-keeping only to find you’ve thrown them out accidentally. Try keeping them in their case when they’re not in use. Oh, and your wallet isn’t a good case!
- Put your new aligners in at night. Most people on the Gold Coast with Invisalign complain that their new trays hurt the first day. This is because your teeth are shifting to their new, straightened place. Try putting your new aligners in at night, taking ibuprofen, and going to sleep. By morning, your teeth will hurt less.
- Wear your Invisalign for 22 hours of the day. If you want the best results from your invisible braces, you need to be diligent and wear them for a minimum of 22 hours per day. You should only remove them to eat and drink and replace them immediately after.
If you’re Looking for Gold Coast Orthodontics Services, Head To True Dental
Dr David Tate, Dr Tanya Jury, and the True Dental team are dental professionals who specialise in providing comprehensive dental services on the Gold Coast. We’re passionate about dental health, and we believe that visits to the dentist shouldn’t be scary, painful, or overwhelming. Our team pride themselves on their ability to deliver compassionate, gentle, and professional services. We’re a family clinic, and we offer a range of services to suit all ages and teeth. If you’d like to enquire about our Gold Coast braces, either traditional or Invisalign, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We can’t wait to help you smile with confidence.